Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What to do?

So the doctor's office called the other day and they wanted to move our ultrasound to Thursday afternoon instead of Friday morning seeing as the Doc would be out of the office on Friday. So we will now be finding out the gender of our little one TOMORROW!!!!! How exciting is that! We are so excited to see it again and find out if it is a boy or a girl. It still all feels a little surreal to me. I look down at my tummy and see that it is bulging now, but I don't really feel any different than before I was pregnant. It has come to my realizations lately that growing up is hard! Especially when you are no longer dependent on your parents for survival. This pregnancy has helped me realize this as well as other circumstances.
Mike and I will both be receiving our associates degrees at the end of next week. I will be walking in the ceremony while Mike is not. The way we see it is that I am pretty much done with my schooling for now and probably won't go back until our kids are grown, while he will be continuing on elsewhere. My mom has said that she and my dad want to be here for my graduation. I hope that they can come up and be here for it considering that I am pretty much done with school.
So we will be done here in Rexburg on July 22, 2011. Mike will be applying to three schools; UC Davis in CA, University of Illinois Urbana-Champagne, and BYU in Provo UT. His top choice is U of I. But he won't be going to school until next spring semester, so we have some planning to do!
We will be visiting Mike's family in VA for basically the entire month of August (I will be flying home for a weekend to be a bridesmaid in Kelsey's Wedding). Mike will be quitting his poor paying job at the end of this month. We will have enough money to pay for August's rent, but not Sept when we return from VA. So therein lies our dilemma. Do we pack everything up and put it in storage and just stay in VA and have the baby there? Do we come back to Idaho and hope to find a job ASAP? Do we try to move to Idaho Falls to hopefully find a good job there? Do we try to move to Utah and find a better job there? Do we go to CA and live with my parents and have the baby there? There are so many variables and options that we don't really know exactly what we should do. We have a few options that are standing out to us, we just need to speak to those who would be involved and try to get this thing all figured out before it's too late. So to all those out there reading this, we would ask for your prayers that we may be able to make the best decision for our little family. :)
Until next time!

P.S. There might be a post in the next couple days with pics from the ultrasound and some exciting news !!

No comments:

Post a Comment